Very Pleased

I have first hand knowledge that Colony Wood Rentals is owned and maintained by a well respected family in Colonial Heights. The town homes offer a peaceful and pleasant atmosphere to reside after a long and stressful day. The grounds are consistently well kept by the owners themselves. I also know that many units have currently been updated. Many of the neighbors have resided here for seven years or longer. I even know of some that have moved away and years later returned. I would recommend this property to anyone who is looking for a nice and safe place to live.

Sounds like this was written by the owners.

Colony Wood Rentals in Col Hgts VA WARNING

The people who own these units are slumlords and GREEDY. As a civil servant with the government who has been transferred from Richmond VA to Hill AFB UT..... with government orders and letters from my employer - these people WILL NOT let me out of a 2 year lease - even though I only resided in the unit for 5 months. I have now paid them $750 per month plus maintaining electricity in the unit for 15 months - only 9 more months to go. Mrs Kolman will not answer her phone and will not respond to numerous letters written every month. She has denied an early termination - though she is willing to accept the termination fee of $1500 with no guarantee the unit will get leased. What a crock and what a rip-off for someone who directly supports the war fighter of the USA.

This is good to know... Most all apartments in Colonial Heights look like dumps. :(

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Colony Wood Rentals Colonial Heights Va Apartments

I would not recommend renting any properties owned by the Kollmans. The townhouses are extremely dated. The landlords have an automatic renewal clause, they offer no notice even though I spoke on the phone several times inquiring of renewing for 6 months or month to month. The landlord denies ever speaking to me about the situation and renewed the lease for 18 months. After complying with all early termination policies, the landlord refused to let me early terminate. There was ambiguous wording that said the lessor and lessee have to agree on early termination, and she did not agree. I really didn't think this was legal, but it is and I have to continue paying on a lease that I cannot get out of, even if i pay whatever it takes to early terminate.

Thanks for the warning!

The colony woods apartments look 100 years old and the lady who never answers the phone when you call is a very unprofessional person (to put it in a nice way). They have studied the loop holes of being a slumlord and have it down packed.

She is also a liar and will say yes and 2 days later say she hasnt talked to you. They have alot of fine print and a lawyer read my lease and said they know how to get away with being a slumlord because of the wordage used in the contract.

These people will trap you in a lease and renew it without your approval when youve tried contacting them to give notice to move......i pay the rent there but the townhose is empty because i hate it there. And i had a lawyer file papers to terminate my lease when its over so they have no choice but to let me out....hahaha

@PissedConsumer243528

I that's the truth. The worse.

View more comments (2)
Richmond, Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article